Yesterday, April 12-2012, I took 71-462 – Beta Exam – Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases.
During the Beta Exam phase, I took only one exam and not a couple of exams or all exams.
Why? unfortunatelly, I didn’t have time to take all of them, but I would like to.
Are you curious? yeahhh…lol…here we go.
- 56 questions in total
- several questions with multiple choice (this is the nightmare…lol..)
- drag and drop questions with multiple choice and you need to create the correct sequence with only the correct options (there are wrong options), so if you pick up a wrong option or if you create a wrong sequence…you failed.
- scenario based questions, very interesting, not impossible, but certainly more difficult than the simple questions.
- more questions asking for syntax of command in details, yes…details…if you don’t know exactly how to write a command…you are in trouble.
- backup, restore, security (db role, server role, permissions, schema, etc), TDE, high availability (cluster, replication, db mirror), import & export data, indexes, etc…etc…etc.
- take a look in Skills Measured for each exam and you will be prepared: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-462#tab2
In my opinion, the new format is more difficult than the old one, but is not so difficult as I was expecting.
I’m not sure if I made it or not, but not because of the difficulty level.
Since 2010, I’m not supporting Development teams as I used to do. This make a huge difference between be aware of a topic and to know exactly how the topic works (specially for syntax details).
So, in few weeks…I’ll face the truth…lol…and I’ll share with you the results.
Following some Microsoft videos talking about exams.